My live blogged notes from Corporate University Week.
Developing and Marketing your Learning and Organizational Development Brand
Judy Whitcomb SPHR
Chief Learning Officer, Vice President, Human Resources and Learning and Organizational Development
Vi (formerly Classic Residence by Hyatt)
She started off sharing stories about their organization.
Start with an analysis of how the learning brand is being perceived within your organization. Then figure out where you want to go and what you want to do? Identify 5-6 key words that you want to use to identify your brand within the org.
They started off with the perception that the learning org was a bit difficult…
Learning materials and LMS strongly aligned with their visual brand…
Keys to a successful marketing plan:
- recognize that emotions are powerful communication tools
- engage senior leaders in telling the story
- involve cross-functional leaders to be advocates
- repetition, repetition, repetition
- leverage your business policies
- Recognize how learning will support practices, etc.
Tent cards, emails – what’s new
Ongoing webinars to train and promote features and benefits (don’t turn on allt he features of your LMS right away – let people get used to it
Target learning strategy with specific needs that employees have (“how do I write a better marketing plan?”)