As I’ve reported before, I periodically suffer from SoMeFat (Social Media Fatigue).
It’s perhaps been heightened now with the additional disorder of Multiple Social Network Disorder (Facebook, Twitter, and now Google+ to keep up with!)
Here’s the thing, I didn’t miss it at all!
- Enjoyed my delightful children
- Spent time with my husband
- Celebrated yet another year on the planet (yes, a birthday party, complete with decorated shells my daughter made as party favors)
- Boogie boarded and played in the waves endlessly
- Read (OK – it was on my Kindle so I wasn’t completely device free)
- Stared at the ocean
- Rode my bike
- Slept a lot (periodically asleep by 8:30 pm!)
- Took pictures with my camera
- Took pictures with my mind
I feel like – at least for the immediate term – I will change my SoMe consumption habits. I mean to be a little less on top of it all. Perhaps a little more structured about when I venture out to check on my Tweets and my FB. (Although, seriously, with Google+ all bets are off now – we’ve got a shiny new toy to experiment with!)
Are you in need of a TechFast? How do you recharge?