- Median salary for men is $80,000-$90,000; for women it is $70,000-$80,000
- The proportion of men earning $120,000 or more is twice that of women
- Women are not as well represented in higher paying categories of L&D. There is a dearth of women in executive ranks and higher compensated specialties, possessing advanced degrees, or having 20 or more years of experience.
Friday, July 22, 2011
Monday, July 18, 2011
As I’ve reported before, I periodically suffer from SoMeFat (Social Media Fatigue).
It’s perhaps been heightened now with the additional disorder of Multiple Social Network Disorder (Facebook, Twitter, and now Google+ to keep up with!)
Here’s the thing, I didn’t miss it at all!
- Enjoyed my delightful children
- Spent time with my husband
- Celebrated yet another year on the planet (yes, a birthday party, complete with decorated shells my daughter made as party favors)
- Boogie boarded and played in the waves endlessly
- Read (OK – it was on my Kindle so I wasn’t completely device free)
- Stared at the ocean
- Rode my bike
- Slept a lot (periodically asleep by 8:30 pm!)
- Took pictures with my camera
- Took pictures with my mind
I feel like – at least for the immediate term – I will change my SoMe consumption habits. I mean to be a little less on top of it all. Perhaps a little more structured about when I venture out to check on my Tweets and my FB. (Although, seriously, with Google+ all bets are off now – we’ve got a shiny new toy to experiment with!)
Are you in need of a TechFast? How do you recharge?